The LAA vision is:
To be a highly reputable, customer-centric organisation renowned in the Sub-Saharan Region as the leading land administration and land information services provider!
The LAA mission is:
To provide quality, cost-effective and efficient land administration services to land users and the general public in order to facilitate the country’s economic development
The Land Administration Authority (LAA) was established as an autonomous government body by the Land Administration Authority Act 2010 to modernize and improve land administration services and to reduce land transaction costs and the time it takes to acquire or dispose of a leasehold title to land.
More specifically, the LAA:
- Administers the lease-holding land system (leasehold title, grant of consents for transactions and keep all land holding records)
- Administers the land deeds registration system (records of transfers, mortgages, etc);
- Administers surveying and mapping and all national spatial data (records of plots and land boundaries, large- and small-scale topographic maps, and geographic information)
- Provides dispute resolution services for land matters; and,
- Advises the Minister and Government of Lesotho on land administration laws and policies
LAA’s Strategic Objectives are to:
- Deliver high quality, customer-centric services, information and advice.
- Grant leases and undertake land administration transactions quickly and transparently.
- Register leases and all land administration transactions to improve security of tenure.
- Establish a robust lease management system to process lease transactions and to maintain information on all land holdings.
- Provide land information to all.