- July 9, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: articles
- Stamp Duty in terms of Section 4 (item 26- Transfer Deed Relating to immovable property) of Stamp Duties (Amendment) Act No. 11 of 2001.
- Where the value or consideration does not exceed M7000.00, it is M1.00 for every M100.00 or part thereof of the value or consideration.
- Where the value or consideration exceed M7000.00, it is M3.00 for every M100.00 or part thereof of the value or consideration.
It should be noted that where the amount of the value differs from the amount of consideration, the duty is payable on the high amount.
Consideration or purchase price as reflected on the transfer consent- M425,000.00
Stamp duty at M1.00 per M100.00 up to M7000.00and at M3.00 PER M100.00 excess
- 1% on M7000.00 = M70.00
- 3% on M418 000 = 12 540.00
M 425, 000.00 M 12, 610.00
- Transfer duty I terms of section 3 of Transfer Duty Act No. 7 of 1966
- Where the value of immovable property does not exceed M10, 000.00, it is 3%
- In all other cases it is 3% on the first M10,000.00 and 4% on the excess over M10,000.00
Consideration of purchase price as reflected on the transfer concent- M425,000.00
Transfer duty at 3% on the value up to M10, 000.00 and 4% on excess
- 3% on M10,000.00 = M300.00
- 4% on M 415,000.00= M16,600.00
M425, 000.00 M16, 900.00
Stamp Duty = M12, 1610.00
Transfer Duty = M16, 900.00
Registration Fee = M50.00
Total M29, 560.00