- January 25, 2018
- Posted by:
The Authority seeks applications from qualified, competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the following positions within the organisation. The positions are based in Maseru. They require good spoken and written Sesotho and English. A competitive and market-related remuneration package including non-contributory benefits is offered. Brief descriptions of the positions are provided below.
1. Senior Accountant (1)
Job Scope: The officer has responsibility for routine and complex revenue and expenditure accounting functions and monthly maintenance of Fixed Assets Register.
Key Result Areas:
• Timely, effective resolution of discrepancies
• Timely reconciliation of funds received and distribution to appropriate accounts
• Timely and accurate monthly reconciliation of accounts
• Effective contribution to improved finance related policies and procedures
• Effective assistance to other staff on financial issues
• Degree in Accounting/Finance, Registered Accountant or equivalent
• Working knowledge of financial policies and procedures and ability to rapidly obtain such knowledge
• Knowledge of International Accounting Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other relevant laws and regulations
• Ability to exercise judgement and initiative in interpreting financial policies and guidelines
• Competency in the use of Microsoft word and excel
• Ability to supervise other people
• Competency in the use of accounting software packages
• Ability to work as a team
• At least (3) years’ experience in a comparable role from a private sector of parastatal organisation
2. Geographical Information Systems Coordinator (4)
Job Scope: The officer is responsible for providing GIS support, and ensuring that the LAA GIS infrastructure is operational and up to date.
Key Result Areas:
• Efficient, timely support of LAA GIS users
• Timely diagnosis and resolving of LAA GIS problems
• Ensure GIS services are available on demand with minimal downtime.
• Timely updating of LAA GIS system
• Timely recommendation for improvement of the LAA GIS system
• Bachelors’ Degree in Geographic Information Systems or related discipline
• Working knowledge of the GIS applications
• Broad understanding of computer hardware and software
• Ability to mauver the GIS system
• Ability to design and implement the GIS system
• Ability to solve problems related to the GIS system
3. Customer Services Assistant (1)
Job Scope: The officer has responsibility for assisting Customer Services staff and customers by providing technical and administrative support and information.
Key Result Areas:
• Timely and efficient response to requests of staff and customers for retrieval of documents and information
• Providing courteous and correct information to customers both face-to-face and by telephone
• Accurate and secure record filing
• Effective communication with other Customer Services staff and customers
• Adherence to procedures and instructions
• Must have passed COSC or LGCSE and a Certificate in Customer Services or an appropriate discipline preferably related to land or property
• Knowledge of office administration procedures
• Basic customer communication and service principles
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to follow instructions
• at least one (1) year work experience preferably related to customer support or providing information
Submission of Applications
All applications must include a fully completed application form, a detailed CV with the names and contact details for three referees, and a covering letter. Application forms may be obtained in the Office of Human Resources or may be downloaded from the Authority’s website www.laa.org.ls.
Requests for further information and completed application forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand delivered to LAA Building (next to Radio Lesotho), Lerotholi Road, Maseru, or posted to P.O. Box 11856, Maseru 100, for the attention of The Director of Corporate Services, Land Administration Authority. Envelopes containing the application, or email subject line, should clearly state the position applied for.
Applications must be received on or before Friday, 02nd February 2018. All shortlisted applicants will be informed as to the status of their applications (please provide an email address for this purpose). Applicants who do not hear from the Authority by 26th February 2018 may assume that their applications have not been successful.