Pre-requisite Documentation for transfer
Firstly pay ground rent
- Transfer Consent fee of M100.00
- 4 Identity document of the Transferee and Transferor
- if the surnames are different a marriage certificate is needed
- Where there’s divorce degree of divorce is needed
- If widowed a death certificate is also needed
- Power of attorney where there are companies involved
- Valuation report where the site is developed
- Company’s extract
- Certificate of incorporation
- The estimated time for transfer is 3days
- Both the Transferor & Partner if married and transferee visit the LAA offices to lodge a Consent Application which takes two to three days to be issued.
- Upon issue of the consent they approach a private legal practitioner of their choice to draft the Deed of Transfer.
- The Deed of transfer is submitted to LAA by the Legal practitioner for Examination and Registration.
- Then the responsible party which is the Tranferee in this case pays the duties
- Then the Lease will be endorsed in the names of the transferee